Yes, with the rain here and there it doesn’t quite feel like spring yet – but it is! Have you considered a staycation? Sometimes the best ideas are either right at home or just around the corner from where you live. Read on for 5 simple things you can do to take your very own staycation here in Humboldt:
- Sundae Day – You scream, I scream, we all scream for ice cream, am I right? Stock up on multiple flavors and all the trimmings – whipped cream, fudge sauce, nuts and cherries. Get some cones or hit the dollar store for fun containers for your dessert creations. Or, if you haven’t been to Scoop or Living the Dream, they have unique flavors worth trying, you are on staycation, so try new things! LTD even has ice cream flights for trying multiple flavors!
- Swim Day – So maybe you’re not headed to Cabo, but that doesn’t mean you can’t go to the beach or head to the hot tubs at places like Cafe Mokka!
- Movie Day (or Night) – Spend the day or evening in your jammies or comfortable clothes, watching your favorite flicks. Other fun places to watch movies are the Minor Theatre (the oldest building in the United States designed for feature films. It was the first building in Humboldt County to be built as a “true movie theatre.”!!) or Arcata Theatre Lounge which often has events and throwback films. Both of which serve food!!
- Tourist Day – Be a tourist in your own city. Go online and look up some fun things to do in your town that you’ve never done before. There are reportedly 101 things to do here! There are people that have traveled thousands of miles to visit this area. Why not drive just a mile or two and experience the same enjoyment?
- Take Me Out to the Ballgame Day – The Humboldt Crabs game has great prices, great entertainment, and great talent on the field. Can’t score a ticket? Bring the park to your living room. Dress up, make hot dogs with all the trimmings, wave your team’s pennant and enjoy America’s favorite pastime as a family.